Sunday, February 18, 2007

Macalooney and Cheese

Below we have the box from Kraft's Bugs Bunny & Friends Macaroni & Cheese dinner. It is one of those little things and make you stop and think, "Hey, I remember that!"

In the mid-1990s, the folks at Kraft started coming out with boxes of macaroni & cheese featuring pasta in the shapes of famous cartoon stars... a tradition that continues to this day with the likes of Scooby-Doo, Spongebob and Dora the Explorer. The Bugs & Friends version came out in 1994 and lasted until, roughly, 2000 before disappearing. The character shapes pretty much stayed the same, but Marvin the Martian was added in 1998 to tie-in with the character's 50th birthday.



Yup, welcome to the only blog where you can find discussion of such serious subjects as macaroni in the shape of Porky Pig's head.

3 comments:

Mike Matei said...

i use to eat loony toons macaroni all the time. as far as i'm concerned it should still be on the market!

Anonymous said...

I remember these!

That day I first found them, I was meandering down the macaroni aisle in the grocery store and lo and behold, I saw Looney Tunes macaroni.

Eager to show off my find to my mom, I grabbed a box off the shelf, found my mom a few aisles over, and practically begged for us to have Looney Tunes for dinner (which would mean buying my discovery)

She said okay, and I got my wish of having the Looney Tunes for dinner...as the dinner.

Anonymous said...

I have a box of Marvin's 50th birthday edition, its in mint condition. what do you think it is worth now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...